A well-designed Sprinkler System can be taken for granted. Since they are invisible until turned on, it is easy to forget how important they are in keeping your landscape looking healthy. Sprinkler Systems deliver water to your plants or lawn on a schedule. You will never have to haul out the watering bucket or hose again!
There are two different types of Sprinkler Systems. Each is unique to complete a certain task.
- Overhead Sprinklers – These types of Sprinkler Systems are widely used for lawns.
- Drip Irrigation – Normally you typically use this type in a garden bed. If you are concerned with water usage, this system uses less water.
Things to Consider
Before determining which Sprinkler System would be best for you to use, there are a few things that you must first take into consideration.
- Determine what you need to water. Lawn watering needs are different than shrubs and trees.
- If you have an existing landscape, a system can be installed to support what is already there.
- If you are planning on planting new flowers, it is helpful to know exactly where they are going to go. That way the sprinkler head can be installed to optimize plant watering